Thursday, November 8 – Pork & Plantain Cuban Breakfast Hash
- 1 plantains, peeled and sliced in half lengthwise
- ½ cup leftover easy shredded pork
- ½ jalapeno, diced
- ¼ yellow onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- juice of ½ a lime
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 egg, cooked however you’d like
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- First you need to caramelize your plantains.
- Add them to a large skillet over medium heat with a tablespoon of coconut oil. Cook on both sides for about 2-3 minutes, being sure not to burn them.
- Once they are cooked through, add your plantains to a large bowl and small with a fork. Then add your minced garlic clove, onion, jalapeno, lime, seasonings and leftover pork. Mash thoroughly together.
- Form a large ball or 3 patties.
- Heat skillet back up and place another tablespoon of coconut oil in your skillet.
- Add your hash to the pan and press down to make it as flat as possible.
- Cook on both sides for 4-5 minutes or until each side is crispy.
- Cook up your egg(s) however you’d like. I cooked mine over easy.
- Top hash with egg. This would also be great with guacamole and/or salsa.