Saturday, September 1 – Crockpot Coffee Ancho Chile Short Ribs
- 4lbs Grass Fed Beef Short Ribs
- 1 cup brewed coffee
- 1 large yellow onion, rougly sliced
- 4 dried ancho chiles, stems and seeds removed
- 4 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons raw honey
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth or water
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Place dried ancho chiles in a bowl and cover with hot water. Let sit for around 20-30 minutes until soft.
- Add your softened ancho chiles, brewed coffee, garlic cloves, honey, olive oil, lime and salt and pepper in your food processor and puree.
- Place onions in the bottom of your crockpot and add your water or broth.
- Stack your short ribs on top of onions then pour your coffee-ancho chile sauce on top.
- Top with a bit more salt.
- Cover and let cook on low for 6-8 hours or high for 5-7 hours.