Friday, September 7 – Crockpot Beef & Mushroom Stew
- 1.5-2lbs beef stew meat
- 1 package sliced button mushrooms
- 1 package whole shiitake mushrooms
- 1 package baby portobello mushrooms
- 1 sweet potato, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled and smashed (use the flat part of a knife. be smart here people)
- 1 cup pearl onions, placed in warm water for 5 minutes then peeled
- 1 cup chicken or beef broth (or water if you don’t have that on hand)
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 tablespoons onion powder
- 1 tablespoon dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon dried sage
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- salt and pepper, to taste
- This is pretty simple, so if you get lost, I pity you.
- Pull out your crock pot.
- Place all mushrooms, garlic, and pearl onions in the bottom of your crockpot.
- Throw meat and sweet potatoes on top.
- Add the rest of your ingredients. I just put all the spices on top of the meat and sweet potatoes. The meat juices will run down onto the musrhooms while the sweet potatoes won’t get mushy since they are on top of all the wet ingredients.
- Cook at low for 6-8 hours.