Friday, September 21 – Chocolate Covered Bacon
- 2lb thickly sliced bacon
- 1 lb good quality dark chocolate;
- 4 tbsp ghee
- Fry the bacon in a medium hot and large pan until crisp. Fry in batches if your pan is too small to contain all the bacon slices at once.
- Remove bacon from the pan and dry with a paper towel. Keep the rendered bacon grease for future cooking.
- Melt the chocolate in a pot with the butter or ghee slowly so it doesn’t burn.
- Using thongs, dip the bacon slices in the chocolate, either on one half of the slices or on the whole slice.
- Place the chocolate dipped bacon on a cooling rack placed over foil or parchment paper.
- Let cool for a bout 2 hours, until the chocolate has hardened.
- Cut the bacon slices in bite sized pieces, if desired.
- Serve right away or store in a container in the refrigerator.