Monday, September 24 – Slow Cooker Italian Meatballs
Paleo Slow-Cooker Italian Meatballs
-2 lbs ground pork (or 2 lbs Italian sausage and skip the seasoning blend next on the list)
-4 tablespoons Italian Sausage Seasoning
-1/4 cup almond meal/flour
-1/4 cup almond milk
-1 onion, chopped
-1 jar marinara sauce (Rao’s or Raso’s are both Paleo-friendly)
1. Spray down the inside of your slow-cooker.
2. Cover bottom of dish with chopped onion.
3. Mix together pork, seasoning (or squish up your Italian sausage), almond meal, and almond milk with your hands.
4. Form meatballs by hand and place in crockpot (this will make more than one layer).*
5. Pour marinara sauce over the meatballs.
6. Cook on low 6-8 hours.
7. Serve meatballs over veggies or on their own
Make extra and freeze so you can take them out for lunch/dinner in a couple weeks! Prep is key!