Thursday, October 4 – Spicy Beef Jerky
- 1/2 lb lean top round or sirloin beef roast, fat trimmed and partially frozen;
- 2 tbsp water;
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped;
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper;
- 1/4 tsp sea salt;
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper;
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 cup paleo worcestershire sauce
- With a good knife, cut the roast into thin slices, about 1/8 inch thick.
- Combine the water, garlic, cayenne pepper, sea salt, black pepper, chili powder and Worcestershire sauce in a bowl.
- Add the beef slices to the mixture, cover and refrigerate overnight for the flavors to penetrate the meat.
- Place the beef slices, without their marinating liquid, side by side on baking sheets and roast in a 175 F oven for about 3 hours.
- Turn the meat over and roast for another hour or two, until the meat is dry but still bends without breaking.
- Enjoy and place the leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator.