Thursday, October 18 – Crockpot Jambalaya
- 5 c. chicken stock.
- 4 peppers – any color you want, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 large can of organic diced tomatoes (leave the juice)
- 2 cloves garlic, diced
- 2 bay leafs
- 1 lb large shrimp, raw and de-veined
- 4 oz. chicken, diced
- 1 pkg spicy Andouille sausage
- 1/2-1 head of cauliflower
- 2 c. okra (optional)
- 3 tbsp Cajun Seasoning
- 1/4 c. Frank’s Red Hot (or hot sauce of your choice)
1) Put the chopped peppers, onions, garlic, chicken, cajun seasoning, Red Hot, and bay leafs in the crockpot with the chicken stock. Set on low for 6 hours.
2) About 30 minutes before it’s finished, toss in the cut up sausages.
3) While this is cooking quickly make cauliflower rice by pulsing raw cauliflower in the food processor until it resembles rice.
4) For the last 20 minutes, add in the cauliflower rice and the raw shrimp. Note: You can choose to quickly steam the cauliflower rice in the microwave and serve the jambalaya OVER it as well.