Saturday, October 20 – Chicken “Noodle” Soup
- 2 cups diced cooked chicken
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2T coconut oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 2-3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 bay leaf, 1T fresh thyme leaves
- 1 medium turnip, peeled
- Sea salt and ground pepper to taste
In a heavy-bottomed pot, place oil, chicken, onion, celery, carrots and bay leaf. Cook on medium until onions are translucent.
Add broth, thyme, garlic and S&P. Bring to boil. Reduce to a simmer for 30 minutes.
Spiral the turnip. Roughly cut “noodles” onto 1-inch lengths. Simmer for an additional 5 minutes.