Friday, November 9 – Honey Infused Prune Deer Tagine
- 1 lb deer steaks*, diced
- 1 cup dried prunes (make sure none have pits. that hurts to bite into)
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 tablespoon tagine seasonings
- 2 tablespoons honey
- salt, to taste
- Put all your diced meat in a large bowl. Cover with tagine seasonings and coat thoroughly. Let sit while you prepare the rest of your food.
- Pull out a large skillet over medium heat, add your coconut oil to the pan to heat then add your sliced onions to start caramelizing.
- When they become translucent, add your dried prunes and cover to help soften. Let cook for about 5-7 minutes.
- Now make a little open area in the middle of your prune and onion mixture, add your diced deer and let cook for about 3 minutes, continuously mixing to help cook on all sides, but keep pretty medium rare.
- Add your honey right at the end, mix all that good stuff together, then serve.
- Be careful with your deer. If you cook it too long, it can get a bit tough. Eating raw meat is more fun anyways.