Saturday, November 10 – Triple Chocolate Truffles
*This comes with the disclaimer that they are a dessert and should be treated as such! Definitely a once in a while treat!
- These guys are awesome. No bake. WINNING.
- Place a small skillet over medium heat and add your tablespoon of coconut oil.
- Toss in your pumpkin seeds to begin to roast, moving them around often, being sure not to burn them.
- Cook pumpkin seeds for about 3-5 minutes, until they become fragrant and slightly browned.
- Add to food processor and pulse until they are completely broken down into a pumpkin seed meal.
- Then add your dates and puree.
- Lastly, add your cocoa powder, honey, vanilla, cinnamon and salt and blend.
- It will mix into this massive dough-looking ball. That means it’s perfect.
- Tear off pieces of the ball and roll into balls.
- Melt your chocolate in the microwave or double boiler then place in a bowl for dipping. Also add your chocolate chips to a separate bowl.
- Push a toothpick into your ball, dip it in the chocolate half way up the ball, then dip into your chocolate chips.
- Place on a parchment paper covered plate.
- Repeat with all your truffles.
- Place in refrigerator for the chocolate to harden and set.
- Eat them. However you’d like.
- This recipes gave me 10 truffles.