Tuesday, November 13 – Easy Bacon Chicken Bowl
- ½ sweet potato or yam, cut lengthwise
- 1 chicken thigh, excess fat removed
- 2 slices of bacon
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place your halved sweet potato cut-side down on a baking sheet and bake for 20-25 minutes or until your sweet potato is soft to the touch.
- When your sweet potato has about 6-8 minutes left to cook, place a medium skillet over medium heat.
- Add your two slices of bacon.
- Salt and pepper both sides of your chicken thigh.
- As soon as some of the fat begins to render in your pan, push the bacon to one side and place your chicken thigh into the bacon fat.
- Cook chicken and bacon on one side for about 4-5 minutes, then flip.
- Your bacon will cook a bit faster, so once it is done, place your sweet potato in a bowl and top it with bacon.
- To finish the chicken thigh through, add a tablespoon of water and cover for about 3-5 minutes or until cooked through. Do what I do, check before you much.
- Add chicken thigh to your bowl.
- Last but not least, grab a fork and knife and cut it all up. Mix it all together.
- Top with a pinch of salt and pepper.