Wednesday, November 14 – Spanish Chicken & Rice
- 4 chicken thighs, with skin and bones
- 1 head of cauliflower, leaves and stem removed, cut into pieces
- ½ yellow onion, thinly sliced
- handful of pimento stuff olives, roughly chopped
- ½ cup vegetable broth
- ¼ cup canned coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon oregano
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Light yo’ grill!
- Now take an extra long piece of foil, I’d say about 3 feet long then fold it in half so you have a double layer of foil and then it’s only 1.5 feet long.
- Curl up the edges like you’re trying to make yourself a foil bowl.
- Toss your cauliflower into a food processor that has the shredding attachment connected. This will make your cauliflower easier to rice.
- Once your cauliflower is riced, add in to your foil bowl.
- Pour your vegetable broth and coconut milk over the rice.
- Now sprinkle some paprika, garlic powder, and salt and pepper over your rice and give it a good stir.
- Place chicken over your rice, and onions and olives all around it. Use the rest of your seasonings to top off the chicken and everything else.
- Pull out another piece of foil, big enough to cover your foil bowl, and place on top.
- Use your handy dandy fingers to pinch and curl up the sides so you have a nice little steaming package for the grill.
- Place on the grill for 30-40 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.