Monday, November 19 – One Pot Cuban Chicken & Sausage
- 4 Cuban Sausages
- Chicken left over from a roast chicken (about 3 cups or so)
- 1/2 large onion, chopped
- 1 large bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup chicken stock (preferably homemade)
- 2 cups (or more) chopped asparagus
- 3 T tomato paste
- bacon grease
- 2 tsp. oregano 1.5 tsp. cumin 2 tsp. coriander 1 tsp. turmeric 1.5 tsp. garlic powder
- salt & pepper to taste
Slice sausages in bite size slices. Melt bacon grease in a large pot. Brown sausage slices on both sides. Add onions and bell pepper. Cook until onions are translucent. Add chicken stock, then tomato paste. Add spices, then salt and pepper to taste. Combine well. Add asparagus, put a lid on it and cook on low until green beans are done to your liking.
*Thanks Tara for this recipe! We had this the other day and it was really yummy!