Friday, November 30 – Sweet Beet Pre-WOD Smoothie
- 1 large beet, peeled and diced (equivalent to 1 cup diced beets)
- 1 banana, peeled and diced
- ½ cup frozen berries (I used strawberries and raspberries)
- ½ cup canned coconut milk
- ½ cup water
- 1 scoop egg protein (or protein powder of your choice)
- 1 tablespoon raw honey (optional)
- First you gotta roast your beets. Try biting into one of those raw. No fun. So preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Wash and peel your beets and dice them up.
- Arrange pieces on a baking sheet then drizzle with about 2 tablespoons of coconut oil on top.
- Bake in oven for about 45 minutes or until they are tender.
- Let cool.
- Once your beets are cooled, add all ingredients to a food processor and puree until smooth. Add more coconut milk or water if needed.