Saturday, December 1 – Magic Brownie Bars
For the brownie layer
- 15 dried medjool dates, pitted
- ¼ cup coconut oil, melted
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 3 eggs, whisked
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons raw honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- pinch of salt
For the magic layer
- Preheat oven to 365 degrees. I know, weird number, just do it.
- Now add your dates to the food processor and begin to pulse until you get a clumpy paste.
- Then add your coconut oil and cocoa powder to the food processor and puree until well mixed and it has become smoother.
- Then add your eggs, coconut flour, honey, vanilla, baking soda and powder, and salt and puree until smooth.
- Grease an 8×8 baking dish with some extra coconut oil, then pour in your brownie mix and smooth out throughout the dish.
- Now make the top layer. Add your shredded coconut, coconut oil, coconut butter, and honey to a bowl and heat in the microwave. Don’t tell me a microwave isn’t paleo, you’re not creative.
- Mix ingredients together ingredients until smooth then add your whisked egg whites and mix well.
- Pour topping over your brownie batter and smooth out until covering the entire surface of the brownie.
- Add dish to oven and baking for 20-25 minutes.
- Let cool then cut into pieces.