Tuesday, December 4 – Sausage Spaghetti Squash Bake
- 1lb Italian sausage
- 1 medium spaghetti squash, halved and seeds removed
- 1 bundle of kale, roughly chopped
- 1 red onion, halved and sliced
- 1 egg
- ⅓ cup chicken broth
- ½ cup canned coconut milk
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon tarragon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon ground sage
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut your spaghetti squash in half and use a spoon to remove the seeds and excess threads from your squash. Use some muscle.
- Place open side down on a baking sheet and bake for about 20-25 minutes or until you can press into your squash and it gives a bit.
- While your squash bakes, heat up a large pot under medium-high heat and add your Italian sausage. Break up with a wooden spoon or spatula.
- Once your sausage is cooked through, remove with a slotted spoon and put in a bowl.
- Keep the extra fat from the meat in the pot, add your minced garlic and add your kale, onions, and chicken broth. Combine.
- Then add your coconut milk and spices. Cover and let simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Pull your spaghetti squash out of the oven and dethread with a fork.
- Once your kale is wilted and onions have begin to become translucent, remove from heat and add your spaghetti squash as well as your egg to the kale/onion mixture. Mix thoroughly.
- Then add your cooked Italian sausage and mix together.
- Place the mixed ingredients into a baking dish (or same pot if it’s oven safe) and spread out evenly.
- Bake 15-20 minutes or until top is slightly browned.