Tuesday, August 14
EMOTM 12 Mins. Pistols
8 sets of:
20 Pushups AFAP
Rest 2 Mins.
Post Score to Comments.
Recipe of the Day
Paleo Chicken Salad
- .5 whole cooked chicken (~2lbs)
- 1 cup grapes, halved
- ~.5 cup apple, peeled and chopped (optional)
- .5 cup onion, chopped (I like red, scallions are also good)
- 2-3 stalks celery, chopped (or .5 cup)
- .5 – .75 cup pecans, chopped (optional)
- .75 – 1 cup Paleo Mayo
- 1.5 – 2 tsp Trader Joe’s 21 Seasoning Salute
- .5 – 1 tsp sea salt
- .5 tsp Lemon Garlic pepper
- .5 – 1 Tbsp lemon juice or pinch ascorbic acid
First cook up a whole chicken. You can buy a rotisserie chicken, or do what I do, throw a chicken in the crockpot, sprinkle it with cumin, salt & pepper and let it cook for about 4-6 hours on low. After the chicken is cooked and cooled, de-bone and shred the meat (white and dark) and put it in a large mixing bowl. I usually use about half of my 3-4lb chicken.
Then do a bunch of chopping. Slice up your grapes, peel your apple, then chop your apple, onions, celery, and pecans.
Combine all of these ingredients in the bowl with your chicken and then start adding the mayo. You want enough to cover all the ingredients and make them moist, but not overly runny or dry.
Add the 21 Seasoning Salute, salt and pepper, and lemon juice (or a.a.). Stir well to combine.
It tastes great served right away, but even better after it sits in the fridge for a day.