Thursday, August 16
3 Rounds NOT for time:
30 Good Mornings (45,33)
60 Abmat Situps
30 Back Extensions (25,15)
2 Minutes Max DU
Post Score to Comments
Midline stabilization is essential for effective functional movement. The midline is the entire spine, and its stability is dependent not just on the core, but also on all the prime movers of the body, including the hip, glutes, and hamstrings. Excessive tightness in any of the prime movers will affect the core muscles, often resulting in low back pain.
Activating our core and glute muscles prior to a lift will make us more aware of our midline and prepare our spine for proper loading. Often when putting weight overhead without an active midline causes an athlete to hyper-extend at the low back, resulting in an unfavorable overhead position. Tightening the core and squeezing the glutes will reposition the athlete from an anterior pelvic tilt to a neutral pelvic position.
Recipe of the Day
Spicy Pulled Pork
Pulled pork ingredients
- 1 pork shoulder or butt roast, about 5-6 lbs;
- 3 tbsp smoked paprika;
- 1 tbsp garlic powder;
- 1 tbsp dry mustard;
- 3 tbsp sea salt;
Spicy sauce ingredients
- 1 1/2 cups apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup Dijon
- 2 garlic cloves, minced;
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper;
- 1 tsp sea salt;
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper;
- Prepare the dry rub by combining the paprika, garlic powder, dry mustard and sea salt in a bowl.
- Rub the pork roast all over with the spice rub and place in the refrigerator for the flavors to penetrate the meat for a minimum of 1 hour, but up to overnight. If marinating only for 1 or 2 hours, leave the roast at room temperature to marinate.
- Preheat your oven to 300 F.
- Place the marinated pork shoulder or butt in the oven in a baking pan for about 6 hours, until the meat is almost falling apart and is very fork tender.
- While the pork is cooking, prepare the sauce by combining together the apple cider vinegar, mustard, garlic, cayenne pepper, salt and pepper in a small pot or saucepan.
- Gently bring to a simmer, stirring occasionally, and simmer for about 10 minutes.
- When the pork roast is ready, remove it from the oven and let it rest for 10 minutes.
- Pull the meat apart from the roast with two forks and place the meat shreds in a bowl.
- Combine the spicy sauce with the pulled pork and serve the delicious and tender meat with your favorite side of salad.
Click here for this recipe and more!