Saturday, December 8 – Carrot Cake Donuts
- 3 large carrots, shredded
- ½ cup sunflower seed butter
- 4 eggs
- 3 tablespoons coconut flour
- 2 tablespoons raw honey
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon ginger
- ¼ teaspoon cloves
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- pinch of salt
- ⅛ cup chopped walnuts (optional-do not use for nut free version)
- ⅛ cup raisins (optional)
For the frosting
- ¼ cup Coconut Cream Concentrate or homemade coconut butter, melted to be just a bit soft
- sprinkle of slivered almonds (optional- do not use for nut free version)
- carrots zested on top
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Shred carrots using your shredding attachment with your food processor or cheese grater.
- Add your carrots to a large bowl and add sunflower seed butter, vanilla extract, and honey, mix well.
- Then add your eggs and mix into a soupy mess.
- Lastly add your coconut flour, baking soda and powder, and the rest of your spices. If you’d like to use raisins and walnuts, add those as well.
- Place mixture in your greased donut pan. Mine mixture made 6 donuts.
- Bake for 23-25 minutes.
- Let cool.
- Top donuts off with coconut butter, almonds, and a bit of zested carrot.
- Eat em. OMG.