Friday, December 21 – Zesty Ranch Pork Chops & Brussel Sprouts
- 2 bone-in pork chops
- 3-4 cups brussel sprouts, ends removed, cut in fourths
- 4 tablespoons Tessamae’s Zesty Ranch
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- salt and pepper, to taste
- avocado, diced (to garnish because it’s delicious with pork)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut your brussel sprouts. I like to cut the ends off then cut the brussel sprouts in half, then one more time in half. Meaning in fourths.
- Now heat up a large oven-safe skillet over high heat and add in a tablespoon of zesty ranch and a garlic clove.
- Salt and pepper your pork chops on both sides, then add the pork chops to your very hot pan to sear on both sides. They will cook for about 3-4 minutes per side. When you flip your pork chop, pour on one more tablespoon of zesty ranch on top of your pork chop.
- Once your pork chops have seared on both sides, add the pan directly to your hot oven for 10-12 minutes. Be sure to not overcook, it’s not as good that way.
- While the pork chops are cooking, place a medium skillet over medium heat and add a tablespoon of your zesty ranch along with one of your minced garlic cloves. Then toss in your brussel sprouts and mix around. Once your brussel sprouts begin to brown and almost burn a bit, salt and pepper them and add your last tablespoon of zesty ranch to the brussel sprouts, along with a splash of water then cover with a lid and cook for 3-4 minutes, until soft.
- When your pork chops have finished cooking through, add along with your softened brussel sprouts and diced avocado.
- If you want to pour more zesty ranch on top, I totally support that. Since I did it.